- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- COMPATIBLE WITH LAND ROVER DEFENDER 90 / 110 1993-1997 & DISCOVERY 1 & 2 1994-2004 RANGE ROVER CLASSIC 1987 - 1995 & RANGE ROVER P38 4.0L / 4.6L CRANKSHAFT REAR OIL SEAL BRAND NEW - BRITPART PART NUMBER ERR2640
- Crankshaft rear oil seal ERR2640. Fits V8 engines in Land Rover Defender, Discovery 1 & 2 Range Rover Classic and P38
- Models Affected: Land Rover Defender 90 1994 - 1997 Land Rover Defender 110 1993 Land Rover Discovery I 1994 - 1999 Land Rover Discovery Series II 1999 - 2004 Land Rover Range Rover Classic 1987 - 1995 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 (P38) 1995 - 2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 (P38) 1995 - 2002
- About Engine Crankshaft Seals Crankshaft seals, also referred to as 'main' seals, are located at either end of the crankshaft and allow the crankshaft to spin freely and distribute power to the clutch and transmission, while keeping engine oil in and contaminants out of your engine's crankcase. If you see oil leaking from the front crank pulley, oil dripping from the bottom of the clutch housing, or notice clutch slip caused by oil spraying on the clutch, check your crankshaft seals.
- When one of the crankshaft seals wears out, you must replace them to avoid oil loss, which can seriously damage you engine and make a big mess in your driveway. Main seals generally last over 200,000 miles or 20 years, but should be considered as a job for any restoration regardless of age, as access is generally limited in these positions. Keep in mind that occasionally special tools are required to install main seals evenly.
This fits your .
BRITPART CRANKSHAFT REAR OIL SEAL COMPATIBLE WITH LAND ROVER DEFENDER 90/110 & DISCOVERY 1 & 2, PART # ERR2640: Automotive
- Product Code: 4NEBK0500558
- Availability: In Stock